Have you ever dreamed of a perfect vacation – sipping cocktails and daydreaming on a beach? Book a holiday in Dalmatia and experience it!
Table of Contents
Dalmatia – nature’s masterpiece
Have you ever wished to find beauty in extraordinary and unexpected places? Have you ever wished to explore nature’s greatest accomplishments? If the answer is “yes”, we recommend you to visit Dalmatia. Unspoiled nature, crystal emerald sea, pebbly beaches, pine trees, many islands, delicious food, and hospitable people – what more can you ask for?
Dalmatia is much more than its sea, mountains and sun, its hot and dry summers and mild winters. It amazes us every day that so many nature’s masterpieces are waiting to be discovered. So, do not delay! Get out of your car, take a walk, peek into that cave, swim in that lake, jump into the sea while the sun is high in the summer sky.
Experience historical times
Take a walk among the trees where many churches, forts, and citadels are standing tall for centuries as a reminder of some ancient times. We assure you it’ll be a great experience that you’ll want to retell to everyone. Explore Dalmatian hills that offer unforgettable and breathtaking views, trails, climbing routes and unspoiled natural landscapes, such as hiking/climbing trails on Velebit mountain, Mosor mountain, Vidova Gora on Brač island, the Biokovo mountain, Dingač area on the Pelješac peninsula, etc.
Sail around and discover all the colors of the Adriatic, check out one of the last habitats of the griffon vultures in Europe, swim with the dolphins or, if you’re lucky enough, you’ll have an opportunity to see the rare Mediterranean monk seal. Learn about Croatian history in Knin, Trogir, Solin, Dubrovnik, Split or Šibenik – towns with great historical significance.
Soaking up the sun on Dalmatian beaches
You will discover that Dalmatia is a paradise for yachtsman and divers, as well as for those eager for climbing, hiking and camping. It is a place for those who seek a vacation where they can become one with nature. Relax and sip a cocktail on any beach you like – family beaches, modern city beaches, nudist beaches, animal-friendly beaches or hidden intact beaches – the choice is yours. There are all types of beaches such as pebbly beaches on Hvar, Zaton or Murter, rocky beaches of Brač, and sandy beaches of Makarska, Dugi Otok, Zadar or the Island of Ugljan and Vir.
Fall in love on the islands of Iž, Pašman and Zlarin where the locals will share their stories with you after delicious lunch. If you really want to boast around about your Dalmatian gourmet adventure, you must try Croatian delicacies – the sea bass, commonly called brancin, or dentex, known as zubatac, with rosemary, lemon, olive oil, laurel, thyme and white wine, as well as the traditional sea meal capalonge or mussels (local sea shells) with shrimps, onion, tomato sauce, olive oil and red wine. The taste of Dalmatia on your plate!
Vacation in Dalmatia
Recharge your energy while walking through Dalmatian landscapes, exploring its islands and hidden bays, dive into the sea, chill on the beach and just relax. Everything you ever wished for is possible on a vacation in Dalmatia.
Let yourself go to the Dalmatian state of mind, let yourself go to the fjaka!
Things to do in Dalmatia
- Visit Telašćica Nature Park on the Dugi Otok island and see all the colours of nature in one place
- Welcome the sunset or sunrise near the Sea Organs and Greetings to the sun, the most famous sites in Zadar or visit Marjan hill and fall in love with the Adriatic sea
- Peek into the Museum of Ancient Glass in Zadar that stands as a reminder that something as delicate as glass can survive all the troubles of war and natural disasters, such as earthquakes
- Make a wish while rubbing a toe of the Grgur of Nin statue in Split – it is believed that rubbing its toe will bring you your true love
- Take a walk around the main square, also known as the Saint Josephs square, on the island of Hvar
- Go canyoning on Cetina river gorge and experience the true adrenaline of your summer vacation or hike with your friends or family across the Biokovo mountains
- Visit Trogir, a real jewel of Croatia that is known for its historic town centre that has been listed as UNESCO’s World Heritage site