Don’t miss the chance to visit Rabac, the magnificent coastal city in Istria. It is an excellent choice for a family vacation and a retiree.
Table of Contents
The gem of the southeast coast of Istria
Rabac is a coastal resort city on the southeast coast of Istria, placed in an impressive bay near Labin city. Today it is a vacation retreat with countless villas and apartment buildings, but in the middle of 19th century, Rabac was a little fishing port with barely ten houses.
Magnificent surrounding, delightful pebbly beaches, mild climate and a splendid view of Kvarner Bay. Sounds like an ideal location for an enchanting vacation, doesn’t it? Sandy beaches as Maslenica, St. Andrea Lanterna and Girandella have proudly received a “Blue Flag.” The blue flag signifies the purity of the sea along with the protected and well-organized environment. We can’t decide which one is a more attractive beach.
Along the sea is a beautiful promenade excellent for cycling, jogging while the restaurants offer exquisite local delicacies. Various sports amenities on the beaches make Rabac a winning seaside refuge on this side of the Istrian coast.
Why you should visit Rabac
Rabac is an awesome place for families and retiree, because of its accessible beaches. Beach chairs and umbrellas can be rented directly on the beach, so you can comfortably enjoy in the sun.
Sports and recreation enthusiasts can enjoy in many activities as hiking, mountain bike, fishing, mini golf, scuba diving, volleyball, paintball, horse riding, aqua park, kayaking to water-skiing and many other facilities that provide entertainment for children, adults, athletes.
One of the great things about Rabac is the vicinity of Labin, a city famous for its mining history as well as the arts and culture. During the Labin Art Republic Festival the whole city is buzzing with live and energetic performances, concerts, exhibitions, and street art events.
Taste the local delicacies
The crown of good rest is a good meal and a drink. Restaurants have brilliant trained chefs, which tasty meals are based on this region’s food. Palatable fish, lobster, shrimp, shellfish and other seafood are typical of this region, as well as delicious country-style meals.
The unavoidable dish – maneštra include ingredients like beans, onions, celery, carrots, stock, and tomatoes is a mandatory meal in the taverns. Food lovers can enjoy in the Istrian cuisine and local specialties in the restaurants: “Stari Hrast,” “La Terrazza,” “Galeb” and “Villa Anette.”
Things to do and see in Rabac
- Experience the Rabac Open Air Festival in the period from 16 June to 30 August. Enjoy the outstanding music and street performances, watch movies and shows in the open air. The program offers something for all age groups and interest, and the best part – it is entirely free for all visitors.
- Enjoy activities on the Girandella Beach; try out water skiing or get a ride on the jet-ski. Near beach, you can have a snack, grab a cup of coffee or try out tasty and delicious meals in nearby restaurants.
- On the promenade of Rabac, you will find the magnificent Church of St. Andrew. It was built in the 15th century and restored in the late 19th century. Inside the church, there is a precious inventory. The most value is an altar with statues of St. George, St. Michael and St. Peter and Paul.
- Visit one of the most beautiful Croatian sculpture parks in Dubrova. The park stretches over – 40 hectares, slightly fenced with a drywall, with natural valleys and elevations and unspoiled flora. The park is open all year long, there is no working time and the entrance is free.
- If you love hiking, Rabac is the perfect place for you. It has plenty of hiking trails for you to enjoy, the most astonishing hike is from Rabac to Labin. The hike is long 5 km through pine woods, and it extends up to a hill of 234 m.
- Don’t miss the chance to visit Labin, the charming town perched on a hilltop above Rabac. It is the ideal destination for visitors who are interested in cultural tourism and those who enjoy
Where to stay in Rabac
Best hotels in Rabac
Located just a few steps from the beach, with an indoor and outdoor swimming pool and a wellness centre, Valamar Sanfior Hotel & Casa makes for an excellent relaxation place. Enjoy the wonderful selection of food in one of the hotel restaurants and refresh yourself in one of the bars. See more at Booking.com website!
The panoramic views from your Villa Anette room as soon as you wake up will make your day great from the start. Enjoy the outdoor swimming pool and relax at the terrace. Find out why this hotel is among the most popular accommodation on Booking.com!
Best apartments in Rabac
If you love luxury travel, then this apartment is the perfect choice for your sophisticated taste. This beautiful and well-equipped apartment complex has a swimming pool, a sun terrace, and a private parking. Read more about this luxury accommodation on Booking.com.
Only 200m from the sea and 550m from the nearest beach, apartments Palma are a great place to stay during your summer vacation. Every apartment is air-conditioned and has a terrace. Even your furry Fido is allowed to stay at this pet-friendly apartment! Read more about the place at Booking.com.